As we age we experience hyperpigmentation, or a growing inconsistency in skin tone. There are multiple causes of hyperpigmentation but the result is singular: an over production of melanin, or pigment. The GLYTONE Clarifying System targets changes, resulting in a more consistent skin tone.
Melanin Brings Imbalance
Once the skin is damaged the increase in pigment forms a protective, but uneven layer across the affected areas. There are different types of hyper-pigmented skin. Melasma, from the Greek word “melanos,” for black, is a dark discoloration of facial skin exacerbated by:
- Sunlight exposure
- Changes in hormone levels during
- Use of oral contraceptives
- Certain medications
Freckles are another type of hyperpigmentation. They are clusters of concentrated pigment or senile lentigines, caused by over-exposure to the sun’s UV rays.
The most important objective for treating any type of hyperpigmentation is to inhibit pigment production. The second is to provide an exfoliating treatment to rid affected areas of existing pigment concentrations.
GLYTONE Evens Your Skintone
The GLYTONE Clarifying System is a complete physician-prescribed, at-home treatment program that restores your skin’s brilliance. It combines 3 highly effective components:
- Hydroquinone—Possesses great whitening properties and is the golden standard for treating hyperpigmentation
- Retinaldehyde—Boosts the appearance of skin’s elastic fibers and minimizes collagen alteration induced by UV exposure
- Free glycolic acid—Exfoliates dead skin, to target hyperpigmentation and lighten dark spots